Wool is one of the most popular carpet fibers alongside nylon. You probably have a wool blanket or sweater at home, but wool is also a great carpet material! It’s made from the hair of sheep and is prized for its soft feel, amazing insulating qualities, and eco-friendliness. If you’re considering installing carpet in your Stow, Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson and Akron area home, read below to learn more about the benefits and looks of wool carpet from the experts at Floor Coverings International Cleveland South!
Benefits of Wool
- Insulating: Sheep’s hair is elastic and crimped, which makes it great at trapping and holding in heat. While all carpet fibers are good at doing this, wool is the best.
- Eco-Friendly: Wool is a renewable resource and also biodegradable. Compared to synthetic options, wool is much better on the environment and won’t occupy space in a landfill when you’re done with it.
- Soft and Durable: Wool tends to be thicker and fluffier than synthetic fibers, so it will feel soft underfoot and hold up well to wear and tear!
Drawbacks of Wool
- Stains Easier: Because wool is so absorbent, it can stain more easily. Make sure to clean up any spills right away to prevent this!
- More Expensive: Due to its high quality, wool is one of the pricier carpet fibers available. Some homeowners on a budget just use wool for higher traffic areas of the home to cut down on costs.
Carpet Experts in Stow, OH
If you’re ready for new carpet flooring, give the experts at Floor Coverings International Cleveland South a call to schedule your free in-home design consultation today! We’ll bring our hundreds of different carpet samples right to your door and help you select the best option for your unique home and needs. We’ll even provide a free proposal and estimate so there are no surprises! We proudly serve the greater Stow, Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson and Akron areas and look forward to working with you!
Photo Credit: Kues